Amphia is improving its Service Management processes using Ideo’s CareCTRL solution Service Management.
About Amphia Hospital
Amphia hospital supplies patient care in and around Breda. This service is provided on two locations in Breda, namely Langendijk and Molengracht, and one location in Oosterhout, Pasteurlaan.
With nearly 1000 available beds Amphia is one of the biggest general hospitals in The Netherlands.
The challenge is converting the departments Medical Technology and Technical Building Administration from a point based system to the SAP ERP package CareCTRL, which would integrate processes with purchasing, logistics, and finance.
CareCTRL by Pinkroccade Healthcare, partner to Ideo, is a custom-made product for the Dutch healthcare system and seamlessly connects with modern processes and practices.
CareCTRL by Pinkroccade Healthcare, partner to Ideo, is a custom-made product for the Dutch healthcare system and seamlessly connects with modern processes and practices. CareCTRL is a SAP-based ERP-solution which connects and streamlines business processes in the healthcare industry.
CareCTRL consists of a number of different solutions. Ideo is responsible for Service Management one of CareCTRL solutions, which consists of the following modules, Medical Technology, General Technology and Housing. Service Management by CareCTRL was developed to manage the following activities:
- Asset Management; Documenting and maintaining all relevant data, such as AOC-coding and Risk factor, concerning the to be maintained technical objects.
- Corrective Maintenance; All manner of corrections can be dealt with in this module, from emergency repairs to service applications and user training.
- Preventive Maintenance; Preventive maintenance plans can be designed and managed in a way that SAP will automatically inform you of maintenance activities to be carried out.
- Third Party Maintenance; In circumstances were your organisation preforms maintenance for a third party, these too could be recorded in Service Management, which would automatically include any contractual or invoice demands.
Amphia chose the SAP CareCTRL solution by PinkRoccade Healthcare to completely support its business processes. As a first step Pinkroccade realised the go-live for the domain Finance and Control as well as Purchase and Logistics. Following, Ideo started the implementation of the by them personally developed CareCTRL solution Service Management using the ASAP focus method.
Amphia’s key-users and Ideo’s consultants formed a group which implemented as well as coordinated all necessary steps. In accordance with ASAP focus method the diffent steps of implementation adhered to a strict schedule.
Generally the following steps were implemented:
- Installation environment (DEV/QAS)
- Design environment
- Determining client specific needs
- Preparing data conversion
- Data test conversion(s)
- Key-user training
- Validation by Amphia
- Final preparations
- Training end-users
- Prepartion live conversion
- Live and support
- On-site support
As part of this project all key-users were trained by Ideo. Furthermore, Ideo also took it upon themselves to train all the end-users in Service Management.
Ideo provided on-site support two days per week for a period of six weeks after the go-live focussed on supporting and training staff. Amphia designed its own business specific work instructions based on work instructions and training proved by Ideo.
Amphia is responsible for its own primary management and support. PinkRoccade Healthcare and Ideo deliver second-line support. Any incidents or support questions are reported through ‘supportal’ by PinkRoccade Healthcare.
Result and Advantages
- There are less administrative actions needed, because purchases can be done directly using the workorder.
- Seamless integration with financial assets and debits.
- There is more transparency on appliance costs and property.
- Documents are directly available on technical assets. d
Client: Amphia Hospital
- CARECTRL Service Management