DELTA reaches the intended efficiency and quality improvements of their services due to the utilisation of SAP MRS and SAP Mobility.
DELTA is a multi-utility company and provides a wide range of products and services, of which the most important are gas, water, electricity, garbage disposal, cable Internet, radio, and television.
DELTA puts important basic services at the disposal of many people day and night. It seems only natural that these products are in our living room or business. In reality it is a little bit more complicated. For instance, DELTA needs an infrastructure of 25,250 kilometers to keep up with the demand in their supply area. It is obvious that the optimal reliability and availability of the infrastructure is their first priority. On a daily basis about 250 mechanics are hard at work to ensure these services and to create new connections.
Every department can have its own profile to ensure that the correct data is available to a planner and he/she receives an alert when planning rules are being violated.
DELTA selected SAP MRS planboard, or Multi Resource Scheduling, and the mobile solution SAP MAM, or Mobile Asset Management to utilise their 250 mechanics efficiently. As SAP Enterprise Asset Management, EAM in short, which is Customer Service and Plant Maintenance, is already used for the registration of work orders a strong integration of the entire process is ensured.
SAP MRS makes it possible to provide the deployment planning with department and order specific features. Every department can have its own profile to ensure that the correct data is available to a planner and that he/she receives an alert when planning rules are being violated. If a malfunction occurs it is important to have a detailed insight into the daily planning and the locations of mechanics. For long term project work it is very important that the availability of desired personnel and other resources, such as tools and materials, can be checked.
SAP MAM provides the mechanic with the correct data and makes it possible to directly navigate to the desired location without having to type anything. The planner can monitor the status of the order and check the daily planning at all times through MRS at the office. Without any writing or double entry needed nor the accompanying room for error the mechanic can simply report his/her activities.
Some of the functionalities from MAM and Ideo’s library functions that were used are:
- The navigation, which is an integral solution between MAM and Navigon.
- The availability of a work folder, which is an integration with SAP EasyDMS
- The option to make connecting sketches with a drawing tool.
- The registration of meter information and readings.
- The ability to fill in time sheets, which is a CATS integration.
- Reporting order status and cancellation of the order to planning.
- Providing materials to work order.
Result and Advantages
- There is a strong integration of the entire process due to the utilisation of SAP Enterprise Asset Management for the registration of work orders.
- The right data is always available and an alert is given when the planning rules are being violated.
- There is detailed insight into the daily planning and locations of mechanics are always available.
- A mechanic can easily report his/her activities without any writing which is prone to mistakes.
- SAP R/3 4.6C
- SAP WAS 6.40
- SAP MI 2.5
- SAP MAM 2.5
- SAP MRS
- Ideo – MI add-on’s
- Ideo – MRS add-on’s